I have looked at several different techniques I could use to make my film appear more lifeless and dreary to better suit the theme of my film however, when these are combined it could make the film boring, instead of making the characters life appear dull. To avoid this I will need to come up with ideas to diversify the film, keep the viewer interested.
One idea I had was to include sudden scenes of tension or action, to maintain the viewers attention. I could use the graphic match scenes to create the sudden bursts of action, I could include several shots during the sequence, tightly edited together to create quicker editing and thus, more action keeping the film entertaining.
Another way I could make the film interesting is prioritising the cinematography, if the entire film is extremely well filmed I would not need to use fast paced editing as the style would maintain the viewers attention. The cinematography will need to be good anyway its just if I use this method I would put extra time and effort into the filming, spending more time than I normally would perfecting the shot composition and framing.