I have noticed that I only film when my inner cinematographer sees something that would make a nice shot and then I would attempt to recreate the shot I had pictured in my head, these stills are a perfect example as I had just finished walking home from school when I noticed how beautiful and dramatic the sky was, influencing me to start filming.
When taking these photos I tried to mimic Clio Barnards shots of the horses standing on the brow of the hill, back dropped by a plain sky. Apart from the dull, grey clouds I managed to recreate a similar style of shot.
To further establish the link between my shots and Barnards, I focused on one pylon peaking out from behind the horizon, once zoomed in it disrupted the flow of the field and bushes making up the horizon, it was subtle enough to be more of a reminder than a dominant factor.
I incorporated the surrounding telegraph poles into the shots as well, this means the natural sunset is obscured by uniform power lines, reinforcing the link to Barnard and how she incorporates mankind's scar into her shots.
These are shots I took because I thought the silhouetted bush looks interesting against pink sky.