Photoshop Practice

 I have started to sharpen my Photoshop ability in preparation for the film poster, these photos do not necessarily represent the style of poster I will chose but they allow me to develop my skills in a wider area.
 
I wanted to remove the head of the character to create more depth and mystery to the image, to do this I selected the face using the Lasso Tool, drawing around the outside of the head until it was entirely selected.
 
After selecting it, I then deleted the face, filling the hole in the picture with the Content Aware option, Photoshop analyses the area around the deleted bit and attempts to naturally cover the deleted area.
After deleting the head we are left with what Photoshop thinks is natural, the process is not complete as the coat looks unrealistic.
 


To fix the coat I used the Spot Healing Brush Tool, it is similar to Content Aware deleting but on a more refined scale, allowing me to 'shave' off parts of the coat which look unnatural.

Repeating this brush technique allowed me to cut the rim of the coat down, making the image look more authentic and higher quality.