The short film idea-
My short film idea is going to lack any pre-set narrative, the story of the short film will be interpreted by the viewer in their own independent way (I am still experimenting with this idea and doing research into it, so it could change).  The short film will focus on the monotonous and unchanging aspect of society, everything will be represented as flat, with nothing standing out. The theme of the short film would be woebegone, lugubrious but rather than make the viewer feel dispirited it should encourage heightened motivation too go out and fight the koinophobia that dwells in the back of everyone's minds. This idea came from the title idea I have come up with; Petrichor, The smell of earth after rain, the earth would represent the spur of motivation felt after watching the short film and the rain represents the dull and boring life portrayed within the short film.


The short film itself would focus on the life of an elderly man (Played by my granddad) within his home portrayed with medium shots and close-ups (Which would be his actual house), I will also combine this with establishing shots of crowded areas, busy roads and  built-up areas.








I am also planning to make my own Foley sound for this idea (Rather than using a downloaded soundtrack), I am currently doing research into this and I will need to either buy a microphone or find out if the school has one suitable for the making of Foley sound.




Second Idea-
I have just come up with this idea after reading the definition for a word, ''Silience; The kind of unnoticed excellence that carries on around you everyday, unremarkably-the hidden talents of friends and co-workers, the unseen portfolios of aspiring artists- which would be renowned as masterpieces if only they'd been appraised by the cartel of popular taste.'' My idea would focus on one individual commuting to work and as the character walked past people it would cut away to that person demonstrating their talents and then cut back to the character, walking past them completely oblivious.