Creating the poster


I chose this image because it is a scene from my film and allows room for titles. I knew that my poster would need some kind of link to man, so I chose this picture as the treeline would allow me to Photoshop something behind it.

I started by cropping the image down to the correct dimensions and rotating the image so that the horizon is flat and the ground and sky split the image in half.

After cropping I changed the saturation and levels of the image, I bled the colours and made the picture appear darker. I did this because it will allow me to present the film as darker and perhaps more bleak.

After the picture itself was finished I cut out an image of four cooling towers, I had to make sure the picture was taken at the correct angle otherwise the towers would look obviously Photoshopped.

After cutting the towers out I placed them within my poster, I decided to place them in the distance, slightly to the right of the image centre. I placed them in the background to make them look more ominous, a distant threat looming over the landscape.


After choosing where to place them I erased the bottom of the towers so that it looked like they were behind the tree line, I used a solid eraser for the bulk and then changed the opacity so that the towers actually looked like they were behind the trees.


After this I changed the brightness of the towers so that they would blend easier into the surroundings and not stand out as obviously Photoshopped.


I was happy with the towers so I moved onto the text, I used the same style as a the Wild poster, combining natural, handwritten title with old fashioned sophisticated text just below it.