Poster

For my poster I drew inspiration from the 'Wild' poster. I was minimalistic with the text used and positioned it on the left hand side of the poster, with the focus of the image and subject on the right hand side. The subject of the Wild poster is the main character, Reese Witherspoon. I have mirrored this in my poster by Photoshopping four cooling towers dominating the tree's skyline.
One major difference between the two posters is the colour pallet, Wild uses a bright mixture of yellows and greens to make the poster look warm and welcoming. The colours tell the audience that the film might be set in the warmer half of autumn and that the film is based predominantly outside with a heavy focus on nature.
My poster conveys a completely different feeling, the character has been replaced with the distinctive shape of foreboding cooling towers, breaking through the tree line and overlooking the meadow.
If I wanted to mimic this poster further I would have used the same dimensions, I decided not use the same as it would make the poster look claustrophobic. The Wild poster uses the constrained dimensions because it frames the character neatly, a poster focusing entirely on the surroundings would not benefit as it does not frame it nicely.