Experimental Short Film
When developing this short film I chose to work alone, I orchestrated the entire process alone with minimal outside help (Apart from help from the teacher and editing advice.). Because I alone did all the camera work it allowed me to develop my ability to visualise and set up shots in order to create a visually appealing piece. The last two short films I took part in making I did almost no camera work meaning my general understand at the time was limited however, when I created this short film I took time in experimenting in shots and doing research into different, interesting camera techniques and ideas, developing my skill in the art of cinematography.
For example, the opening shot of the sun in the form of a time lapse-
Or the focus on the sky and nature as a way of comparing them with longboarding, showing it is a natural form of transport/exercise/entertainment as the board is sky blue and made from wood.
This short film also allowed me to zoom out from the cramped cinematography that the last film used-
I also did all the editing, this allowed me to manipulate the footage with my own image of what the final piece would look like, the two other short films I have done I was one of the main editors, this has gave me a head start when making this short film as I knew how to operate the software with some depth. However, the last two short films were very slowed paced and similar genre which lead to me being unable to experiment more with the techniques different styles. This is why I chose a different genre for this short film, allowing me to do more experimentation and trial different editing tricks. An example of my experimentation when editing this is when I heavily jump-cut a long lasting shot of me boarding down a hill, this made the boring, 30 second scene last 10 seconds whilst maintaining the quirky theme of short film.






